10 ways to easily grow your email marketing list
As email marketers we can be under pressure to grow the email list we manage.
However awesome your content maybe some of your contacts will stop opening your emails, others may simply unsubscribe.
Adding new subscribers doesn’t need to be difficult or too time consuming. By spending just a few hours putting some the simple tips below into practice you can easily grow your email list.
There are a number of different ways you can do this, below is a list of 10 tips that will help.
- Don’t hide your subscription form – Add it to the top of your website, not buried down at the bottom in the footer. Make it standout with a clear call to action.
- Incentivise – encourage people to subscribe to your list by giving them something in return. A free download, ebook, whitepaper, free trial. All of these work well.
- Add a sign up form to the bottom of blog posts – Written a particular stunning piece of your blog – great – add a subscription form at the end and encourage people to sign up. If they’ve enjoyed reading your post they may want to hear more from you.
- Don’t ask for too much information in one go – No one likes filling in forms. Keep subscription information to a minimum. Name and email address is plenty in the first instance. If you need to find out more that’s a great excuse to email them and ask. Or use progressive forms to ask for additional information once you’ve recorded the subscription, don’t make these mandatory.
- Encourage current subscribers to share your content – sometimes known as member get member or refer a friend. Friends, other family members or colleagues may also be interested in what you have to say.
- Add a link to your email signature – Most companies have a signature at the bottom of each email – contact details etc. Add a link to your newsletter subscription page.
- Use the offline channel – Your company literature, oh how terribly low tech, but it works! Flyers, brochures, business cards. If space is at a premium use a short url. Collect email addresses at trade shows and exhibitions you attend.
- Social Media – Use twitter ads and run a campaign. Give a way a download or free trial. Facebook – create a call to action button at the top of your page.
- Run a competition or giveaway – and get the entrants to register their email address to enter.
- Host an online event – A free webinar and ask for email address as part of the sign up.
If you would like to know more about email marketing, then join my email newsletter below.
Your privacy is very important to me. I’ll never rent or sell your email address to any third party. You can unsubscribe at any time.