Blogging Outreach Tips
A blogging outreach program is a great way to get exposure for your brand or website. It’s also a useful way of getting good links back to your site as well as getting people engaging with you and your product.
Here a some tips to help you get the most out of a blogging outreach program.
- An incredibly cheap and effective way to create interest, buzz (new products) and brand awareness in your product or service.
- Gaining bloggers trust by sending them products to review. Reviewing products would allow them to link to different parts of our site, thus creating deep links useful for SEO.
- Bloggers like to promote their content and on many blogging networks, thus increasing their reach to potential customers.
- Use a site like Blog Dash to find bloggers in your industry
- Partner with bloggers to use social media to promote our brand and products by writing about them or running competitions.
- Getting links from blogs with good content will have an increased SEO benefit.
- Target blogging communities, these are normally great places to find bloggers who write about the types of product or service you have to offer.
Some considerations when using a blogging outreach program.
- Use Google blog search to find bloggers doing reviews of the products that we sell e.g. ‘jewellery review’s ‘children’s gift review’ – approach these bloggers.
- Need to gauge authority so you approach the right bloggers with enough influence. Determine whether they have a good social media following. Do they have links to social media on their blog? How many followers do they have? Potential reach?
- Blog posts would need to be published regularly, look at the frequency, daily, weekly, monthly.
- Stipulate your requirements upfront. Do you want a link to your site, does it need to be a follow link, does the post need to be promoted via social media? What social networks do you want this to be promoted via.
- Follow up after a few weeks to build & maintain relationship.
- Audience needs to be your demographic, so don’t approach just anyone, research thoroughly before approaching.